Super Easy Multicolor Pencil Case or Makeup Bag
If you’re looking to create a unique and easy pencil case or makeup bag, you’ve come to the right place. The great thing about making it yourself is that you can customize the color and the size. Fit everything you need – all in one place. Now that’s organization!
Pencil Case for my daughter
In my case, I created a pencil case for my daughter who was able to choose the color. Oh what joy! She selected a multicolor yarn which she loved. Her classmates and teacher thought it was super fab.
To get started, visit my shop for the FREE PATTERN (click here). No need to register and no PDF to download.
• Yarn: Multicolor: DK, light worsted weight yarn, 100% acrylic (specifically: Laine du NORD, color: Bleu Clair, 50 gr/150 m)
• Yarn: Purple: DK, light worsted weight yarn, 100% acrylic (specifically: Patons Astra, color: Hot Lilac, 50 gr/1.75 oz)
• Hook: 3 mm (B1)
• Zipper (I used a pair from an old pair of pants)
• Yarn Needle
• Sewing needle
• White thread
• The width of your bag should be larger than the largest item. For example, when making a pencil case, make it wider than an unsharpened pencil with an eraser or a long ruler. It’s absolutely up to you.
• Best case scenario: Use a zipper the size that matches the width of your final bag.
• However, if like me you’re using a zipper from an old pair of pants, it was too short. To compensate, I sewed the sides closed. But remember, don’t make the opening too small or you won’t be able to fit the taller pencils or rulers.
Updates: Make it even better!
I just found some videos on how to crochet around a zipper so it looks polished and professional. See what you think:
• Crochet on zipper, for crochet purses (in spanish)